- What is a concrete dumper?
- What are Concrete Dumpers used for?
- How are Concrete Dumpers operated?
- How to find a used Concrete Dumper on Truck & Trailer
- How to buy a used Concrete Dumper
- How to sell a used Concrete Dumper
What is a concrete dumper?
A concrete dumper is a relatively small yet strong machine that is used to carry loads of bulk material on building and construction sites. Dumpers are usually open, four-wheeled vehicles and are also differentiated from dump trucks because their load skips are located in front of the driver.
The load skip is attached to a hydraulic system that allows it to raise and tip. Some dumpers are also able to rotate their load buckets 360°.
What are Concrete Dumpers used for?
Powerful in nature, these machines can carry loose materials like stone, sand, earth, gravel, and mixed concrete. They can carry larger loads and cover more ground than a human with a wheelbarrow. They are also able to move bigger quantities of material in places that are not easily accessible by large trucks. They are most commonly used in the construction industry.
How are Concrete Dumpers operated?
These open-aired dumpers are controlled by a single driver who operates all the functions of the machine from a driver's seat located behind the loading bucket or skip. The unit is driven by a conventional engine and gear system, and the loader bucket is powered by hydraulics that is also controlled by the driver.
How to find a used Concrete Dumper on Truck & Trailer
The best place to find a used Concrete Dumper is on Truck & Trailer. As the leading digital marketplace for construction machinery and heavy equipment in South Africa, our website is home to a great number of machines for sale.
From the Truck & Trailer home page, you can use the search block to select your category, you can also filter your search by application, make, and region to help refine where and what you are looking for.
Once you've selected the relevant criteria and have clicked search, you will be directed to a search results page where you'll find the equipment you're looking for.
On the search results page, you will be presented with even more filters. The filters available on this page include category, application, condition, make, price, region, year, and max usage. These filters will be available depending on what you've searched for.
You can also search from the machinery page. The machinery page contains a block with the most popular categories listed on our site. If the Dumpers category is not presented in this block, please select all categories at the bottom of the block or use the search bar at the top to conduct your search.
If you see a Concrete Dumper you are interested in on the search results pages, click on the listing to view further details about the unit. You will also be provided with several options to contact the seller if you are interested in buying that specific Concrete Dumper.
How to buy a used Concrete Dumper
When buying this piece of machinery, there are many key factors buyers should consider:
- Establish why the Concrete Dumper is being sold.
- Try to get some idea of its working past.
- Understand its maintenance history and establish if it has had any previous damage or mechanical work done to it.
- Consider if any parts need immediate replacing, what they might cost, and if they are easily sourced.
Extra things to check out if you are a buyer:
- Check the engine and its components.
- Ensure that the dumper is running well, is mechanically sound, and has been well maintained.
- Check the chassis frame to make sure it's sturdy and reliably holding the loading bucket in place.
- Ensure you inspect the steering, pedals, and all controls, as well as the general condition of the unit.
- Where applicable, check the tyres or tracks for wear and tear.
- Inspect the loading bucket and its working parts to ensure it functions properly.
- And finally, check the hours of use.
It would be beneficial to have an operator on hand to demonstrate the working order of the Concrete Dumper to ultimately ensure you are making a sound investment.
How to sell a used Concrete Dumper
When it comes to selling a used Concrete Dumper, the best place to do so is on Truck & Trailer.
It is advised that as much information as possible is given about the piece of machinery being sold. Any information about the following points will go a long way in helping you to sell your used Concrete Dumper:
- Sellers must provide all the basic listing information relating to the application, make, model, price, hours of operation, and year of manufacture.
- When it comes to providing a detailed description of the unit, sellers should provide information regarding the following components of the unit being sold:
- The condition of the unit.
- The engine and its components.
- Where applicable, the condition of the tyres and treads.
- The integrity of the frame and chassis.
- The steering and controls.
- The load bucket.
- The load bucket mechanics and hydraulics.
- And finally, the general condition and structural integrity of the unit.