- What is a concrete mixer truck?
- What are Concrete Mixing Trucks used for?
- How do Concrete Mixing Trucks operate?
- How do you find a used Concrete Mixing Truck on Truck & Trailer?
- How to buy a used Concrete Mixing Truck
- How to sell a used Concrete Mixing Truck
What is a concrete mixer truck?
A concrete mixing truck is a truck chassis and cab that is fitted with a motor and a large rotating drum. Both are fitted behind the truck cab on the rear of the vehicle. The motor drives a vertically positioned drum that is designed to mix cement, sand, and gravel to make concrete. A mix of freshly batched concrete is delivered through a chute system that is fitted to the back of the truck at the open end of the drum.
What are Concrete Mixing Trucks used for?
Concrete mixing trucks are essential in the delivery of freshly made concrete. Due to the nature of the substrate that this mixer transports, the building industry must have a reliable machine that can deliver concrete in the correct quantities to various locations and also mixed to order. With the designed capabilities to mix several aggregates with water to ensure an even mix of concrete through continuous agitation, a concrete mixer is a critical machine for the industries and companies that build our country's infrastructure.
How do Concrete Mixing Trucks operate?
Driven like most normal trucks, a mixing truck can rotate its drum while moving. Due to the nature of concrete and because it's heavy, these trucks can distribute the weight of the spinning barrel evenly. Upon delivery, the drum, powered by the motor and hydraulic system, is able to pass the agitated mixture up the metal spiral walls that line its inside. As it spins, the mixture is fed into the chute that allows the concrete to exit the drum and pass down the chute system to the required location. The entire operation is controlled by an operator using the external controls fitted close to the chute system.
How do you find a used Concrete Mixing Truck on Truck & Trailer?
The best place to find a used Concrete Mixing Truck is on Truck & Trailer. As the leading digital marketplace for construction machinery and heavy equipment in South Africa, our website is home to a great number of trucks and machines for sale.
From the Truck & Trailer home page, you can use the search block to select your category. You can also filter your search by application, make, and region to help refine where and what you are looking for.
Once you've selected the relevant criteria and clicked search, you will be directed to a search results page where you'll find the equipment you've searched for.
On the search results page, you will be presented with even more filters. The filters available on this page include category, application, condition, make, price, region, year, and max mileage. These filters will be available depending on what you've searched for.
You can also search from the trucks page. The trucks page contains a block with the most popular categories listed on our website. If the Concrete Mixer Trucks category is not presented in this block, please select ‘all categories’ at the bottom of the block or use the search bar at the top to conduct your search.
If you see a Concrete Mixing Truck you are interested in on the search results pages, click on the listing to view further details about the unit. You will also be provided with several options to contact the seller if you are interested in buying that specific truck.
How to buy a used Concrete Mixing Truck
When buying this piece of equipment, there are many key factors buyers should consider:
- Establish why the Concrete Mixing Truck is being sold.
- Try to get some idea of its working past.
- Understand its maintenance history and establish if it has had any previous damage or mechanical work done to it.
- Consider if any parts need immediate replacing, what they might cost, and if they are easily sourced.
Extra things to check out if you are a buyer:
- Check the engine and its components.
- Ensure the truck is running well, is mechanically sound, and has been well maintained.
- Check the chassis frame to make sure it's sturdy and reliably holding the motor and drum in place.
- Ensure you inspect the steering, pedals, and all controls, as well as the general condition of the interior.
- Check the tyres for wear and tear.
- Inspect the motor that drives the drum to ensure it's capable of providing the driving power required.
- Inspect the interior and exterior of the drum.
- And finally, check the chute system to ensure it’s mechanically sound and operational.
It would be beneficial to have an operator on hand to demonstrate the working order of the unit to ultimately ensure you are making a sound investment.
How to sell a used Concrete Mixing Truck
When it comes to selling a used Concrete Mixing Truck, the best place to do so is on Truck & Trailer.
It is advised that as much information as possible is given about the piece of equipment being sold. Any information about the following points will go a long way in helping you to sell your used Concrete Mixing Truck:
- Sellers must provide all the basic listing information relating to the application, make, model, price, hours of operation, and year of manufacture.
- When it comes to providing a detailed description of the unit, sellers should provide information regarding the following components of the unit being sold:
- The condition of the unit.
- The engine and its components.
- The condition of the tyres and tread.
- The integrity of the frame and chassis.
- The steering and controls.
- The condition of the drum.
- The condition of the motor that drives the drum.
- The condition of the chute system.
- And finally, the general condition and structural integrity of the unit.