A Log Handler is a relatively small yet strong and versatile machine. This piece of equipment is used predominantly in the forestry industry.
What are Log Handlers used for?
Powerful in nature, these machines can lift and move heavy logs. Due to the nature of the telescopic arm and the timber grapple, they are essential for applications that require logs to be moved to various places or onto timber trailers. Log Handlers are similar in design to telescopic handlers but have a different attachment at the end.
How are Log Handlers operated?
These machines are controlled by a single driver who operates all the functions of the machine from a driver's seat located in a cockpit. The unit is driven by a conventional engine and gear system, and the boom arm is powered by hydraulics, which is also controlled by the driver.
How to find a used Log Handler on Truck & Trailer
The best place to find a used Log Handler is on Truck & Trailer. As the leading digital marketplace for construction, mining, and forestry machinery and other heavy equipment in South Africa, our website is home to a great number of machines for sale.
From the Truck & Trailer home page, use the search block to select your category. You can also filter your search by application, make, and region to help refine where and what you are looking for.
Once you've selected the relevant criteria and have clicked search, you will be directed to a search results page where you'll find the equipment you've searched for.
On the search results page, you will be presented with even more filters. The filters available on this page include: category, application, condition, make, price, region, year, and max usage. These filters will be available depending on what you've searched for.
You can also search from the machinery page. The machinery page contains a block with the most popular categories listed on our site. If the Log Handler category is not presented in this block, please select all categories at the bottom of the block or use the search bar at the top to conduct your search.
If you see a Log Handler you are interested in on the search results pages, click on the listing to view further details about the unit. You will also be provided with several options to contact the seller if you are interested in buying that specific Log Handler.
How to buy a used Log Handler?
When buying this piece of machinery, there are key factors buyers should consider:
- Establish why the Log Handler is being sold.
- Try to get some idea of its working past.
- Understand its maintenance history and establish if it has had any previous damage or mechanical work done to it.
- Consider if any parts need immediate replacing, what they might cost, and if they are easily sourced.
Extra things to check out if you are buying a used Log Handler:
- Check the engine and its components.
- Ensure the Log Handler is running well, is mechanically sound, and has been well maintained.
- Check the chassis frame to make sure it's sturdy and reliably holding the boom arm in place.
- Ensure you inspect the steering, pedals, and all controls as well as the general condition of the unit.
- Where applicable, check the tyres or tracks for wear and tear.
- Inspect the grapple and its working parts to ensure it functions properly.
- And finally, check the hours of use.
It would be beneficial to have an operator on hand to demonstrate the working order of the Log Handler to ultimately ensure you are making a sound investment.
How to sell a used Log Handler?
When it comes to selling a used Log Handler, the best place to do so is on Truck & Trailer.
It is advised that as much information as possible is given about the piece of machinery being sold. Any information about the following points will go a long way in helping you to sell your used Log Handler:
- Sellers must provide all the basic listing information relating to the application, make, model, price, hours of operation, and year of manufacture.
- When it comes to providing a detailed description of the unit, sellers should provide information regarding the following components of the unit being sold.
- The condition of the unit.
- The engine and its components.
- Where applicable, the condition of the tyres/tracks and treads.
- The integrity of the frame and chassis.
- The steering and controls.
- The grapple and boom arm mechanics and hydraulics.
- And finally, the general condition and structural integrity of the unit.
Contact us today to advertise your Log Handler on Truck & Trailer. Our expert team is ready to assist you!