- What is a Wood Chipper and what are they used for?
- How are Wood Chippers operated?
- How to find used Wood Chippers on Truck & Trailer
- How to buy a used Wood Chipper
- How to sell a Used Wood Chipper
What is a Wood Chipper and what are they used for?
A Wood Chipper is a powerful machine that is equipped with a set of teeth or blades that are used to reduce larger pieces of wood or branches into smaller pieces.
The by-product is then used for mulch in landscaping, restoration ecology, and in the production of mushrooms, to name a few.
How are Wood Chippers operated?
Large pieces of wood or branches are hand-fed down a shoot and passed through the set of grinding/cutting teeth. Once the material has passed through the teeth, the smaller wood chips are then spat out the opposite end of the wood chipper. Wood chippers come in various sizes and can be manoeuvred by hand or can be fitted to trailers or bakkies for transportation purposes.
How to find used Wood Chippers on Truck & Trailer
The best place to find a used Wood Chipper is on Truck & Trailer. As the leading digital marketplace for construction machinery and heavy equipment in South Africa, our website is home to a great number of machines for sale.
From the Truck & Trailer home page, you can use the search block to select machinery and then your category. You can also filter your search by application, make, and region to help refine where and what you are looking for.
Once you've selected the relevant criteria and have clicked search, you will be directed to a search results page where you'll find the equipment you've searched for.
On the search results page, you will be presented with even more filters. The filters available on this page include category, application, condition, make, price, region, year, and max usage. These filters will be available depending on what you've searched for.
You can also search from the machinery landing page. The machinery page contains a block with the most popular categories listed on our site. If the Wood Chipper category is not presented in this block, please select all categories at the bottom of the block or use the search bar at the top to conduct your search.
If you see a Wood Chipper you are interested in on the search results pages, click on the listing to view further details about the unit. You will also be provided with several options to contact the seller if you are interested in buying that specific Wood Chipper.
How to buy a used Wood Chipper
- When buying this piece of machinery, there are key factors buyers should consider:
- Establish why the Wood Chipper is being sold.
- Try to get some idea of its working past.
- Understand its maintenance history and establish if it has had any previous damage or mechanical work done to it.
- Consider if any parts need immediate replacing, what they might cost, and if they are easily sourced.
Extra things to check out if you are a buyer:
- Check the engine/motor and its components.
- Ensure it is running well, is mechanically sound, and has been well maintained.
- Check the frame to make sure it's sturdy.
- Ensure you inspect all controls as well as the general condition of the unit.
- Inspect the teeth and its working parts to ensure it functions properly.
- And finally, check the hours of use.
It would be beneficial to have an operator on hand to demonstrate the working order of the Wood Chipper to ensure you are making a sound investment.
How to sell a Used Wood Chipper
When it comes to selling a used Wood Chipper, the best place to do so is on Truck & Trailer.
It is advised that as much information as possible is given about the piece of machinery being sold. Any information about the following points will go a long way in helping you to sell your used Wood Chipper:
Sellers must provide all the basic listing information relating to the application, make, model, price, hours of operation, and year of manufacture.
When it comes to providing a detailed description of the unit, sellers should provide information regarding the following components of the unit being sold:
- The condition of the unit.
- The engine/motor and its components.
- Where applicable, the condition of the teeth or blades.
- The integrity of the frame and chassis.
- The controls.
- And finally, the general condition and structural integrity of the unit.
Contact us today to advertise your Wood Chipper on Truck & Trailer. Our expert team is ready to assist you!