- What is an Articulated Dump Truck?
- What is the purpose of an Articulated Dump Truck?
- How to find a used Articulated Dump Truck?
- How to buy a used Articulated Dump Truck?
- How to sell a used Articulated Dump Truck?
What is an Articulated Dump Truck?
An articulated dump truck is a heavy-duty truck chassis fitted with an open-top body and used for carrying aggregate, crushed rock, soil, and other bulk materials to and from construction sites. The body tips up to de-posit material, and the hinged tailgate is either one-piece on aggregate tippers or two-piece on asphalt tip-pers. They are also available in a host of different sizes.
The machine is comprised of the following key elements:
- Operator Cab: The truck cabin where the operator sits to drive and control the machinery.
- Dump bed and tailgate: The main component of the truck, which is primarily used to carry and transport large loads.
What is the purpose of an Articulated Dump Truck?
The primary function of an articulated dump truck is to move large loads. The truck is able to raise its back end using its hydraulic system to dump its load where required.
Top Articulated Dump Truck brands listed on Truck & Trailer:
How to find a used Articulated Dump Truck?
A simple search on the net will give you options, but the best place to find an Articulated Dump Truck is on Truck & Trailer. As the leading digital marketplace for construction machinery and equipment in South Africa, our website is home to a great number of trucks for sale.
Our category is easy to navigate and our users are presented with a number of filters so that they can find the correct truck for the job.
When looking for an Articulated Dump Truck, users will find new and used units for sale. Our ADTs can be filtered by make, price, region, year of manufacture, and the all-important hours of operation.
When a user selects their filters, the search results are automatically updated in the adverts’ display window located alongside the navigation bar. The results served to the users are the most relevant results related to the initial search criteria.
Once a user has reviewed the initial search results, which display the basic relevant information related to the units being sold, they can then select the specific advert to view a more detailed advert listing. This then expands the advert to reveal a full product description, images, and lists of product-relevant specifications or information.
The listing will also show the relevant seller's contact information.
How to buy a used Articulated Dump Truck?
When buying a used Articulated Dump Truck, there are a number of considerations a buyer must factor into their decision-making process.
The following elements must be taken into account before a final purchase decision is made:
- Establish why the truck is being sold and try to get some idea of its working past.
- Understand its maintenance history and establish if it has had any previous damage or mechanical work done to it.
- Consider if any parts need immediate replacing, what they might cost, and if they are easily sourced.
Here are some key inspections to make when buying an Articulated Dump Truck:
- Make sure the truck you’re looking for fits your capacity needs.
- Ensure the steering and controls function properly.
- The engine and its components are in sound condition.
- Tyres and tread for wear and tear.
- The truck frame for any rust or damage.
- Check the transmission.
- Check that the bed and tailgate are functional and in good condition.
- Check axle configuration and payload.
- Check the hydraulic system to ensure it functions properly.
- Check the hours of use.
And finally, it would be beneficial to have an operator on hand to demonstrate the working order of the truck to give the buyer an exact idea of what they will get for their investment. Have the operator drive and demonstrate all the functioning parts.
How to sell a used Articulated Dump Truck?
When it comes to selling a used Articulated Dump Truck, the best place to do this is on Truck & Trailer.
It is advised that as much information as possible is given about the truck being sold, and information pertaining to the following points will go a long way in helping you to sell your unit.
Sellers must provide all the basic listing information relating to the application, make, model, price, hours of operation, and year.
When it comes to providing a detailed description of the unit, sellers should:
- Explain the reason for the sale of the unit and provide information regarding its past working life.
- Detail its current working condition with reference to:
- The engine and its components
- Tyres and tread
- The transmission
- The truck frame and bed
- Steering and controls
- All hydraulic systems
- And finally, the axle configuration and payload.
Providing this information to your potential buyer will go a long way in assisting them in making an informed buying decision and an easier sales process for the seller.
Sell your Articulated Dump Trucks on Truck & Trailer today.